Today I am going to show you how to add Google assistant on the android marshmallow and Nougat devices, sadly this is not supported for below android version 6.0 like KitKat and lollipop. recently google launched the google assistant officially on their pixel devices. adding google assistant is easily more than you think by just tweaking your android device build.prop on android 7.0 devices and by installing a Xposed module on marshmallow devices.
Google Assistant, let you find among billions of things in the world. by your voice commands, you can get all the stuff from your phone setting, videos, photos, calendars, messages, friends, and so on. this feature can be accessed by long pressing the home key then it will ask you “how can I help?” for example if you want to know about the weather today, so simply ask what’s the weather today likewise traffic, showtimes, reviews, and more.
Updated: Google Recently launched the Alpha Version of Google app 18.104.22.168 that will helpyou to enable Google Assistant On Many Android devices Without Root Privileges. Even in Android Lollipop.
Enable Google Assistant In Android Marshmallow Or Above Without Root
Step1: Download and Install the Google App according to your Device Chipset Architecture From Below Links.
Requirements to enable google assistant on your android device
These are Some requirements to enable Google Assistent on Your android device. Bad thing is to have Root access on your android device for changing your device into Pixel. Before going to proceed further make sure you have Root Access
3. For Nougat Devices
How To Enable Google Assistant On Marshmallow
For Marshmallow android device you need to Activate the Xposed Module on the Xposed Installer. If you have not installed Xposed Framework on you Device. so, follow this Tutorial – How To install Xposed Framework on Marshmallowand For Samsung Marshmallow Devices. Now follow the steps below to Enable the Google Assistant.
- After Downloading the Android N-ify Xposed Module from the Requirements Section.
- Now, You need the Active the module from the modules section on Xposed Installer.
- Reboot the Android device and clear the Google App data and Cache
- By Long Pressing the Home Button you should be able to open Google Assistant App
How To Enable Google Assistant On Nougat
For Nougat device all, you just need two Zip file to be flash. these are made by Xda-Developers, These zip files will basically change your model to “Pixel” to get the assistant work correctly. Simply follow the steps to get Google Assistant on your android device Right now.
- After Downloading the two zip files from the Requirements section then Copy the files to your SD card
- Now Reboot the system into Recovery mode.
- Navigate the fileGoogleAssistantVelvet.zipand Flash it.
- Now, Navigate the remaining fileGoogleAssistantBuildProp.zipand Flash this too.
- That’s it, Reboot Your android device manually via Recovery mode.